There was this one reality show that I did like. Actually, only the first season. Anyone remember "The Mole" from 2001? It was hosted by Anderson Cooper. The basic premise was that you ran around doing various spy missions to earn money for the winner's pot while one of the 'contestants' was actually a mole trying to screw up the missions and keep the pot lower. The first season was so fun! Everyone was having fun playing spies and the mole was actually really nice. :P The second season got all catty and uber competitive. Not as much fun.
So if I had to pick a real reality show, The Mole is the one I would pick. And the contestants?
1. Christopher Moore - He is hilarious and would make the whole show funny and surreal.
2. Joseph Finder - He's brilliant and has contacts in the CIA/NSA/FBI. He'd probably win.
3. Neal Stephenson - Super geeky and intelligent, he would probably put the most money in the pot by kicking butt on the cryptic/puzzle/problem-solving challenges.
4. Lawrence Block - One of the older of the bunch would be very funny and clever.
5. Ann Patchett - She's pretty much like The Mole in the first season. Sweet, funny, smart...
6. Jim Butcher - He knows Kung Fu.
7. MaryJanice Davidson - She would be hilarious and the vixen of the group.
8. Hugh Laurie - My guess is he might be good on TV.
9. Sir Terry Pratchett - Gotta throw some Brit Fantasy in the mix for whimsy.
|Sir Terry Pratchett|
10. Charles Yu - I don't know much about him but he seems like he'd be an interesting addition to any group. I'm pretty sure he's a geek and would probably be a fan of Stephenson.
Hmm. None of those are Canadian. That makes me sad. Much of my favourite music is Canadian but for some reason my reading preferences come from the US or UK. Weird. Do we not breed surreal geeks here? And mostly males. This might be an incentive for me to get going on my novel...