1. Clay Baboons ~ A fellow Canadian girl! Yay! She tells funny stories and illustrates them with photos of clay figures that she makes. And once she gave some away.
3. Raptitude ~ A fellow Winnipegger! This blog is more serious than the first two. I don't always agree complete with everything he writes, but he clearly is very intelligent and has really thought out what he writes about. Themes tend to run along the lines of life goals and trying to be a better, fuller person. Very well written.
4. The Bloggess ~ Perhaps you've heard of her... No? What is it like to live under a rock at the bottom of the ocean on another planet? Ok, ok, I kid... Just go check her out. (Yes, I know she is on book tour right now but her blog is not generally about books. It's about taxidermied rodents dressed in literary character costumes most often. Maybe it is about books...)
5. Fit Foodie Finds ~ This is actually one of the first 'personal' blogs that I ever started following. She posts beautiful food pictures with her healthy recipes. She also writes about fitness, (recent yoga instructor!) fashion and family. She's all about the F's but she gets and A in my book! :P
6. Gluten Free Girl and the Chef ~ More gorgeous food photos! It's all gluten-free stuff which seems to be all the rage these days. And for good reason. I know quite a few people are unable to eat gluten without sever consequences.
7. In Jennie's Kitchen ~ She writes about food. Not just recipes, which there are and they are great, but she writes about food. Food and life.
8. The Oatmeal ~ Not about food. This is a web comic about a few different things like grammar, media, working cats, education, Nikola Tesla, bears, pterodactyls, how to ride a polar bear and unicorns. It can sound rude, sarcastic and has some bad words but is always terribly funny.
9. xkcd ~ "A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language." It's geeky and hilarious. If you get it. Sometimes I don't get it because I don't have a Ph.D in physics. But when I do get it, it makes me feel smart. :)
10. Savage Chickens ~ Started out of frustration, this has spiralled into sublime brilliance. These one post-it note comics always crack me up. He often writes about psychology, ninjas, pirates, Chuck Norris, death, robots, office work, mutants and time travel. Among other things.
Disclaimer: I just grabbed all those logos and headers off the sites they are from. I love these guys so I want to promote them, but if the owners would like me to take them down or change them or whatever, just let me know.